The Ghana National Chamber of Commerce
and Industry (GNCCI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Progress Harmony and Development (PHD) Chamber of commerce and Industry in New Delhi, India during the Founding Conference and Solar Summit of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
The MoU seeks to maintain and further mutual co-operation and understanding between Republic of Ghana and Republic of India.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that was signed confirmed the common desire of the two Organisations to maintain and further mutual co-operation and understanding for the purpose of promoting the development of business opportunities between Republic of Ghana and Republic of India.
There was an agreement between the two parties to establish and develop commercial links between the business communities of both countries in general and their respective members in particular through the following means.
• To promote trade and investment relations between Ghana and India and to constantly endeavour to improve co-operation between the two Organisations.
• To assist in the organisation of trade and market research missions, conferences, symposia and other methods of trade promotional activity in each other’s country.
• To organise B2B meetings, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, trade fairs and other promotional activities to further business relations between the two countries.
• To create and maintain a continuing exchange of information about economic developments and other matters affecting the business interests of their members.
• To promote visits of officials of both Organisations from time to time with a view to foster co-operation for improved business relations and rendering of better services to their respective members.